Archive for February 26, 2010

Rooms in the Musee Camondo

Musee Camondo Rooms

Rooms in the Musee Camondo are furnished as if they were still lived in.  The original owner of this circa-1914 house, the Count de Camondo, was a major collector of 18th-century French decorative arts.  His only son was killed in the First World War, so the count bequethed the building to the state, asking that it become a museum. – Olivier Bernier

Leave a comment »